Wednesday, September 14, 2016

The current state of gaming and what it means to be a gamer now.

So this will be short and sweet. At least that's what I'm planning. It may not go that way though. Unless you've been living under a rock we all know that new consoles are right around the corner. Some of the corners are closer than others of course. I guess I'll skip all of the theatrics and just be honest. We're getting these "new" consoles because all most gamers know how to do now is bitch and moan. I feel as if we've forgotten how to have fun and enjoy games. It seems as if frame rate and what resolution a game is has become more important than the quality of  said game. You can honestly tell who is newer to gaming vs people who have been around for a while. The people who have been gaming longer, or at least the majority of us, have a greater appreciation for gaming in general. I still remember when it wasn't such a trend. When it wasn't popular to be a gamer. And when did someone else's opinion become the deciding factor as to whether or not you purchase a game. I'll definitely get into all of this in a future blog really soon. Gaming is still an important part of my life but I feel as if its going down hill and it's not because of the developers. Yeah, they do some shady things. Micro transactions, over priced DLC, day one DLC, shipping broken games and more. Most of them aren't willing to try new things though because we the consumer aren't willing to give it a chance. And most of the time it's because we're so hung up on what someone else has to say vs trying it ourselves. If I listened to everyone else I never would've found out that Asura is a lot angrier than Kratos, how Mondo Zapa is such a ladies man, or that I love Catherine way more than Vincent does. Lol. There are a lot of games that we'll never see a sequel to or even get a new IP from a certain company. Why?? Because they're no longer around anymore or their just isn't any money in that specific title. And most of us don't realize how good a game is until it's to late. So will I be getting a PS Pro?? Yes! Will I get an Xbox Scorpio. Yes. Because it's about enjoying the game at the end of the day and not what platform you play on. Even if you can only afford one just sit down, shut up and enjoy some awesome ass games. If you can't afford either, enjoy your games. The community has become so divided on a lot of things. And I definitely feel that we don't play a wide enough variety of games anymore either. But that's a topic for another day as well. Love it or hate it, it's just my opinion. In short I think being a gamer has lost some of it's meaning. At the same time it's gained a little meaning as well. Funny huh......... Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment